Long Term Caregivers
Funeral Pre-Planning Option
- Pre-arranging - Providing type and details of the funeral in advance. 90% decisions to be made done in advance. Does not involve any form of payment in advance , so none of the financial benefits apply
- Paying in full – Paying in full at todays cost. Funds held by 3rd party financial instituion to generate fixed rate of interest. Family is guaranteed not to pay more for the funeral chosen. Excess fund returned to family/estate
- Time Payments- Do not have to pay in full. Payment over 1 to 20 years. Insured against premature death in case the person passes away before the plan is fully paid.
- If a death should occur while out of town or out of Canada , brining a loved one back home can be a complicated and expensive process
- Travel protection can take care of the arrangements and incidentals
- One toll free call is all it takes to begin the process of brining the person home
- Travel companion feature allows the traveling companion to return home with the mortal remains
What to do when someone dies
Death occurs in a foreign land please contact the Canadian Embassy there https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-info/death-abroad
To donate organs/tissue for transplant or entire body for scientific research - https://www.giftoflife.on.ca/en
Register the death certificate - https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-copy-ontario-death-certificate-online
Priests/Pundits in the GTA
OKA members are free to consult with any priest. Following are some of the priests we are familiar with.
- Ved. Pandit Soukur Dinkar Bhat (Konkani bhat normally in Canada from April to Sep): Tel No. 416-826-5948
- Vidwan Ramkrishn Bhat, SVBF Temple: Tel No. 647-707-5727Ved. Suryanarayan Bhat, Udupi Vrindavan Tel: 416-548-4138
- Ved. Suryanarayan Bhat, Udupi Vrindavan Tel: 416-548-4138
- Sanjay Acharya: Tel No. 416-909-2427
To search for a funeral home/service in Ontario visit Bereavement Authority of Ontario - https://thebao.ca/
Affordable Funeral Services are available throughout GTA areas - https://socialservicesfuneralassistance.ca
Families are free to choose any Funeral Homes.
Transport the Human Remains
Air Canada Compassionate Services - https://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/shipping/shipping-solutions/ac-compassion/
WestJet compassionate services - https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/book-trip/westjet-cargo/shipping-information/human-remains
Check with any other national/international airlines for their specific requirements
Scattering cremated remains in Ontario - https://www.ontario.ca/page/arrange-funeral-burial-cremation-or-scattering
Contact CRA - What to do someone has died - https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/life-events/what-when-someone-died.html
The information provided in this document or OKA-EPP website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this document or the OKA-EPP website are for general informational purposes only. Information in this document or OKA-EPP website may not constitute the most up-to-date information. This document or OKA-EPP website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, OKA EPP and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.